WINTER ROAD CONGRESS, 2020
- February 12 – 13, 2020
- Tampere, Finland
The event includes exhibition, international seminar and outdoor working demonstrations and it is organized for the 33rd time.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
The call is currently open and the organising committee welcomes experiences on latest winter related achievements. Proposals are hoped to be submitted by the 9th of April 2019!
It is possible to suggest a single or a group/team presentation.
Who are participating?
The Winter Road Congress 12-13 of February 2020 gathers together for example experts, authorities, equipment and system manufacturers, service developers, researchers, auditors, procurement decision makers, product developers, municipal technical, contractors and consultants.
Participants in the Winter Road Congress share the need for successful road maintenance and successful traffic in winter and in rapidly changing conditions.
We kindly ask for presentation proposals from the following themes:
Winter maintenance in changing conditions
- Challenges of lower road network / main roads etc. in winter conditions
- Roads structural/subgrade weakening or frost heave and its effects on mobility and transportation
- Ground frost, slippery surfaces, removal of a hard ridges/packed snow, maintenance challenges of grooved or worn road surfaces
- The effect of summer maintenance on winter maintenance
- Climate change and its impact on road maintenance or conditions
- Landslides, heavy rains, avalanches, winter flooding
- Use of satellite data, weather / road information
- Mass gathering of data
- Automation and automation development steps, autonomous GPS guidance
- Autonomous equipment and vehicle automation
- Machine vision and machine learning
- Managing and automating cross-border traffic
- Winter maintenance, traffic / weather disruptions, policy changes etc.
- Frame contracts, service level agreements and operative level agreements
Alternative energy source performance in winter conditions
Mobility, transport and cycling in the winter
Is there a topic missing? No problem – you can still sent a proposal