The AFB20(2) Subcommittee will be conducting its 6th European Meeting on Thursday October 18 in Lisbon, Portugal.
In cooperation with the International Road Federation, Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil (LNEC) and the Transport Research Board, the ERF is pleased to announce the 2018 edition of the AFB20 (2) Roadside Safety Design Subcommittee on International Research Activities. The one-day meeting will be a unique opportunity for road safety experts around the globe to gather and exchange information concerning the latest trends and developments in the area of passive safety and road safety design.
Call for Abstracts
Guidelines for Abstracts
• Maximum 200 words
• Technical relevance and interest are the key point for selection – NO commercial paper or advertising
• Deadline for submission of the abstracts: 18 August 2018
• Final abstracts acceptance confirmation date: 1 September 2018 \
• The abstracts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be reviewed by the technical committee.
Topics for Presentations
• European Standards Applicable to Roadside Safety (EN 1317 & EN 12767)
• An Update on Roadside Safety Research Projects
• Motorcycle Safety and Roadside Hardware
• Developments/Implementation of Roadside Safety Solutions
• The Importance of Crashworthy Terminals
*Other topics of interest may also be considered
1. Francesca La Torre, Sub-committee Co-Chair (IT)
2. Mike Dreznes, Sub-committee Co-Chair (USA)
3. Christophe Nicodeme, ERF (BE)
4. Carlos Roque, LNEC (PT)